Sunday, September 22, 2019

Dealing With A Mother Who Will Not Cooperate

Dealing With A Mother Who Will Not Cooperate

Real Reflections by Minda Peyton



Today is another example of life with a parent who will not co-operate. There was a storm brewing outdoors, and I needed cleaning supplies from the store, mainly bleach and vinegar.
I had ask'da Ma to drive me the previous night. When I saw her [the next day], I said Ma, can you take me tu the store, *Mart-Smart [name changed], because I need cleaning supplies lai-ca bleach.
She said "I can only take you to *Food-Smart..." a store I had problems at. I pointed out my ability tu pay for cleaning supplies from Mart-Smart because the price is not as costly. After a brief argument, we went tu *Mart-Green [name changed], a costly convenience store closer to home. If my Ma is ban'da from Mart-Smart, she hasn't told me, yet that would explain a lot. Arguments before the storm, that is so much lai-ca my experience with my mother.

For clear reasons I ask'da for help. For unclear reasons, she refuses to give me her help.

I needed bleach tu clean-up clothes still dirty and lingering from the last storm, a powerful tempestuous wind that blu with power and loud shrills for 2 days, then the rain which came down for another 2 days.

It was life out-of-balance, nature, for un-clear reasons, showing God lai-ca strength. I say this because often natural disasters are called "Acts Of God," un-lai-ca "mother nature," a gentel, supportive side of nature which is different from the strong, up-rooting, splitting, loud, thunderous, earth moving natural disasters call'da 'Acts of God.'

I would have finished up all the laundry my rash, and the storm cause'da, but for my parent who push'da me out of her way taking over the washing machine. I move'da, allowing her tu have her way, giving her full control. Several days later, I ask'da Ma "...can you take me tu the store because I need cleaning supplies." There was another storm brewing...




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Fungal Infection, Or Poison Ivy...?

This website uses cookie from Google.com Cookies on this blogsite are used to analyse site traffic. Cookies from Google help Google de...